Saturday, July 5, 2014

Psaras Comics Essentials (almost): Ben Reilly

Oh, hi. I was going to do a PCESS for one of the most interesting and "constant" secondary characters of Marvel. To my surprise, Marvel's Clone Saga and Ben Reilly epics collected tradebacks are exactly what I am looking every time I try to study a certain character, reprinting the story to follow Ben Reilly's life and, to my surprise, not by release dates. The tradebacks are "The Complete Clone Saga Epic #1-#5", "The Complete Ben Reilly Epic #1-#6" and there is also "The Original Clone Saga" collecting the clone stories from the 70s. I believe you can get all 12 for less than 250$. PCESS for Ben Reilly is just this:
  1. Spider-Man: The Original Clone Saga
  2. Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic #1-#5
  3. Spider-Man: The Complete Ben Reilly Epic #1-#6
Which leaves me with all the time in the world to focus on other Ben Reilly's appearances like:
  1. Marvel vs DC
    Ben Reilly is in this one, and you can watch him hitting on Lois Lane on the second or third issue
  2. Spider-Boy from Amalgam Comics
    Because with great power comes great possibilites
  3. Marvel What If Vol.1 #30 - What If Spider-Man's Clone Had Lived?
  4. Marvel What If Vol.2 #86 - What If Scarlet Spider Killed Spider-Man?
  5. Ultimate Spider-Man: Clone Saga (collects issues #97-#105)
    the "ultimates" take on Peter Parker's clones, haven't read it yet but I'm going to soon
  6. Scarlet Spider #21
    just cause
Aaaand, that's all. I just wanted this blog post to exist as a tribute to whoever came up with the idea of the Clone Saga and Ben Reilly Epics. Thank you dude (or dudette).

I'll be back with an Eddie Brock PCESS in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment