Sunday, June 15, 2014

Oh, hi!

Hi there. Average comic fan and mediocre blogger over here. Let me tell you some boring stuff about me and what I will do in this blog.

As you can guess from the title, I will be doing comic-book related stuff. I will try to focus on essential story arcs you need to read in order to study certain superheroes (not just to get familiar with them) and post reading order lists. Mostly DC and Marvel stuff. There will be also some spoiler-free reviews of those arcs and some crossovers, miniseries, limited series and one shots (as much spoiler-free as they could be). Depending on the number of Greeks on my audience, I may do some angry podcast reviews in Greek (not spoiler-free), but I will always write in English.

As for me: I'm a DC fanboy, mostly because of Captain Marvel (now called Shazam), Batman, and Nightwing, and I hate Marvel poster-boy Wolverine and V from V for Vendetta. I got into comics because of Superman and Superman 2 with Christopher Reeves, some random Batman and Thor issues I picked up at a local store when I was a kid, Mickey Mouse Mystery Magazine, Phantom Duck (Paperinik/Duck Avenger), some mentions of Hulk in Tsopana Rave's songs, and... wait for it... DC VS MARVEL. Some of my favorite arcs and storylines are "The Trials Of Shazam!", Batman's "RIP" and "Battle for the Cowl" and all the way until "Batman: Reborn", "The Goddamn All Star Batman", Daredevil's "Hardcore" and "Decalogue", the whole Ben Reilly thing in Spider-Man and the Eddie Brock death stuff from "The Sensational Spider-Man Volume II". I believe that Ang Lee's Hulk was the best movie of this century featuring the Hulk, Heath Ledger was a mediocre Joker, I have faith in Ben Affleck as Batman and I respect the Daredevil movie because it is the closest to the comic books made so far. I also love the barfight scenes in '80s Daredevil publications.

I don't think my blog will mirror my love for Detective Comics because I will be writing mostly about Marvel comics. I've tried hard to make essential collections for Marvel superheroes and villains which I will present here, whereas in DC I just read everything there was. Especially on street-level NYC superheroes, there isn't a lot of information on the internet, so my first blog-posts (and many future ones) will be about them.

As for psaras: It means fisherman in Greek, and fishermen carry big packages. Unlike the Wolverine. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment