Tuesday, November 4, 2014

2014-2015 update

Hey all. I just wanted to update you on what is going to happen on PsarasComics until next summer. Well, first of all, I'm reading three ongoing series this year: Batman, Green Lantern and Daredevil, but I am also eager to check out new issues of Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern: New Guardians and Batman '66.
After going back to Bendis' and Brubacker's Daredevil during the last months, the new issues are failing to pleasure me, so you won't be reading a lot about the Man Without Fear on PsarasComics for the months to come. On the other hand, the New 52 Green Lantern might be the best ongoing series DC has to offer at the moment. I have always despised crossovers, because you can't be sure if you want to read all the titles until they end, but the way Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, New Guardians, Red Lantern and now Sinestro are crossing paths once in a while is superb. And why did they discontinue the Gonzo series?
As for Batman... well, he is the goddamn Batman. I tried not to follow month-by-month, and all I got was reading 20-30 issues at once as soon as I went back.

And for a concise comic-book review: I bought Deadpool: Soul Hunter, collecting issues 7-12 from the Marvel NOW Deadpool series. I only did it because I remember those volumes were out for about $15, so I considered myself lucky to find it for 15€ (which is more than $15, but because of import fees, taxes etc, I rarely find comic volumes in prices that low). If you like Spawn and have a sense of Deadpool humor, go buy it. It's the closest we're going to get in a "What if Wade Wilson was Spawn" story. We were doing a lot of Deadpool-Spawn fan fiction with a classmate of mine in high school, so I enjoyed the story.

Until we meet again, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment